Saturday, September 26, 2009

31 Weeks...whoohoo!!!

We have made it another week! The girls are bigger, stronger, and totally wilder than ever before! They are still growing, so I get to keep them inside for at least another week...well, that is as long as they want to stay. :) It is crazy to think that 32 is the magic number for many doctors...that is next week! Holy cow! I am hoping that the girls want to stay longer, but if it is time to come out, we are ready!
I was really put to the test this week mentally and physically. I got a severe ear infection...yes, the kind we would get during childhood when we would go swimming. It is a total mystery. I remembered the pain I endured as a child, but I must have blocked out exactly how bad it was. They sent a doc to check me out and even he was impressed with my ear. That says it all! My whole head has felt swollen like a balloon with no hearing and excruciating pain. They put me on antibiotics and pain killers. Isn't it funny that you are only allowed tylenel when pregnant, yet they were practically showering me with percocet!?! Hmmm... well I am officially done with the pain part, I have almost regained my hearing and ability to close my jaw, and I am sleeping through the night. The toughest part was that I finally felt trapped. I couldn't handle visitors, I napped (passed out) on and off all day long, I felt SO out of whack. But who said this vacation was supposed to be all bells and whistles?
I am now moving forward and staying focused on these girls! Baby B has flipped head down. I noticed that Baby A has upped her activity lately and then I found out why...her sisters feet are in her face! I think they are interacting constantly. I no longer have to feel for their movements...their body parts are protruding from my belly constantly. We have some silly girls on the way!!!

2 comments:

  1. You hang in there, Momma! You have done and continue to do such a FAB job!! Keep it up! This will all be a "blur" in a few months! You are strong and capable and totally awesome! Don't let anyone tell you otherwise! :)ly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Dani, I so feel your pain (well not the ear infection part), but the waiting, feeling cooped up, wanting to be free, but not wanting the babies to come too early, etc, etc. You are doing an awesome job as a mama already and your girls are so lucky. The good news is that you won't even remember this part 9 months from now. Seems unlikely, I know, but believe me, it's true! Love you!

    ReplyDelete