Monday, September 14, 2009

Optimism...

What would life be if we didn't have the bright side to look at? I can officially say that I have been in the hospital for one week and, honestly, so much GOOD has come out of it that I can't even bring myself to think of anything negative. First of all, the girls are great! They are so silly...they definately feed off of each others energy and wake each other up. They are quick to react to their Daddy's voice when he walks in the room and they settle down for the doppler exams when I talk...so, I get to talk all the time! :) We will have another growth scan next week. By the sound of their heart beats and blood flow and the strength of their kicking, they must be growing. Baby B loves her sister. How can I tell? She is now in the middle of my tummy, right under my belly button. I think they are spooning! The bed rest seems to be paying off. I am totally stable and actually doing better than last week. Now, for the fun stuff! Top ten reasons that bed rest rocks:
1. My husband has turned into superman, working by day, remodeling (and cleaning!!!) by night while still visiting me at some point each and every day!
2. It is as close to having a butler as I will ever get...the water glass never hits empty!
3. I have connected and reconnected with more friends in one week than I have in the last couple of years combined! Without the visitors and phone calls, I would be writing the top ten reasons why I am miserable!
4. They send cleaners in each day...the place is immaculate!
5. I am totally up to date on all the gossip magazines and I can play my favorite dvd's over and over and over again!
6. My meals and milkshakes (protein shakes) arrive every few hours...okay, so it smells like airplane food, but it tastes good and you always get at least 5 choices!
7. I have created a throne that has 4 pillows, a snoogle (body pillow), a down comforter, a "Camp Rock" blanket, a belly wedge, and remote controls for the tv, dvd player, lights, and, of course, my nurses.
8. The nurses are fabulous...though some are more strict than others, I have learned to kill them with kindness...I mean really, could I be in better hands!?!?
9. My class is in great hands with their new sub and I am so thankful for their patience and understanding!!!
10. I have discovered this week that I have an even more amazing support system than I could have imagined...I mean, we knew we were blessed with a fabulous life full of wonderful family members, friends, and neighbors, but WOW!!! Even Kona is high on everyone's priority list! Our daughters have such a great life ahead of them!
On that note, thank you everyone for making this first week positive! I am realizing each day that it is for the best so I need to make the best of this experience!

1 comment:

  1. We love you guys. Glad to see your positive attitude shining through as usual. Can't wait to see those babies!

    ReplyDelete