Friday, October 2, 2009

Hip, Hip, HOORAY!!!

We have so many reason to celebrate today! The babies are growing! We just found out that Baby A is 4 pounds 7 ounces and Baby B is 2 pounds 10 ounces! Baby B grew 20% in the last 10 days while her sister maintains her rock star pace! This information was not given to us right away...I walked into the ultrasound room this morning all excited for our "growth" appointment and the technician looked at me and said "We're not doing growth today." I was crushed! I need to know that the girls are growing and I had been promised that today was the day. They obviously read my expression because they scheduled a special growth appointment for 1:00 in the afternoon! Then, I sat in the room and found out that our children are growing and kicking and practice breathing...we couldn't be any happier!
Now, the next factor is blood flow. The doctor walked in with all of our results. We celebrated the growth but he said we are seeing reverse blood flow on Baby B...totally expected this day to come. She is doing fabulous but all babies in her situation reach their max. She is getting ready to come out into this world so that we can fatten her up! What does this mean? We are right around the corner from delivery! I am 32 weeks on Sunday...I am now on continuous monitoring (meaning I am strapped to heart monitors 24/7). We will have an ultrasound on Monday morning to check on that blood flow. If nothing has changed, we will deliver Monday or Tuesday! That is right...game on!! Are we ready?? Absolutely! We cannot wait to meet these girls! Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers! Nothing is set in stone, but we want one more weekend of incubation and then, if the time is right, party on!

1 comment:

  1. You and Mike and your baby girls are in my prayers, Danielle. We'll celebrate each day that they mature before they're born and rejoice with you when you can finally see them and touch them. You will be excellent parents and it looks like this is all part of that preparation process. God bless!!

    ReplyDelete