Monday, October 5, 2009

Moving out, moving in!

Well, my stay at Evergreen is shifting...I am moving out of room 176! I have spent the past 4 weeks on bed rest...but I had a great time. Thank you to everyone who called, wrote, visited, and sent their positive thoughts my way! It worked! We have 2 healthy, beautiful girls!!! We are so overwhelmed with emotions! I don't think either of us anticipated how much love we would feel for our daughters! They are perfect in every way! After a day of recovering on Sunday, I finally got to stand up, walk over to the isolette, and hold my babies! What a feeling! Are they real? Was I actually pregnant? Those two bundles were inside of me? We have already had so many amazing moments...watching Mike curl up with Morgan while I held Riley close, watching my parents meet their grandchildren for the first time, watching my mom hold the tiny hand of my daughter. The girls are getting settled in to their room at Evergreen. They each have their own incubator (isolette) with blankets, hats, and pacifiers. We get to change their itty bitty diapers and give them Kangaroo Care, which is when you hold the girls skin to skin and your body temperature keeps them warm and helps them grow. We will post lots more pictures and videos this week! We can't wait to see these girls grow and eventually bring them home! So far, they have stayed true to their personality. Morgan (Baby A) is all settled. She got her c-pap removed and you can now see her beautiful face. Riley (Baby B) has been named "Small, but Mighty!" She has maintained her great breathing, but she gets so excited about her binky that she sometimes forgets to suck and breath at the same time. They both have the most beautiful cries and they calm right down when Mommy and Daddy cradle them with their hands! We have truly began the adventure of a lifetime!

1 comment:

  1. Aahhh....welcome to the ride of your lifetime! I am so happy for y'all!

    ReplyDelete