Saturday, August 6, 2011

The Tulip Festival 2011

This year, I wasn't going to miss the tulips!  As always, I waited till the very last minute to make plans and my fabulous friend, Jamie, cleared her calendar and we rallied to see the flowers!  Of course, if you get Jamie and I in a car together with 2 out of 3 of her kids and my 2 munchkins, it is a PARTY!  We sang, tossed snacks around the van, and managed to pass our exit by about 20 miles!  Oops!  Time flies when you are having fun!  her oldest son, River, entertained Riley in the way back while Morgan and Pier hung out in their own row!  Jamie's other son, Truss, had school!  When we arrived it was windy and muddy, but that didn't stop us!  The rows of tulips seemed to go on forever and the girls loved scaling the mud to get to the pretty flowers!


Riley kissing the pink tulips!



Morgan kissing the tulips!

Pier playing in the mud!

























My and my girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment